Friday, July 2, 2010

I'm a butterfly

This time of year brings about butterflies which have always been a neat thing to me.

When I was a child I remember catching caterpillars and then putting them in a jar and waiting and watching them build a cocoon around themselves then all of a sudden after about a couple of weeks there would be a butterfly in the jar and I'd release it outside.

Now a days you don't have to catch your own caterpillar. You can actually order them here. We did this one time with our daughter.

What I just realized is that the transition of the caterpillar to the butterfly resembles accepting Jesus into my heart.

When I asked Jesus into my heart I was reborn. Like the butterfly. New creation in Christ.

Now I can fly and I sure am alot more prettier too! Not on the outside but on the inside which should reflect on the outside too.

So, from now on when you see a butterfly. Remember this, you too are a new creation if you've ever asked Jesus into your heart! You ARE a beautiful butterfly and you ARE being carried by the wind (the Holy Spirit) and you ARE allowed to flap your wings and fly!

Have a happy day through Jesus Christ!

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone and the new has come!

Dear God,
Thank you for making me brand new and beautiful like the butterfly. Thank you for creating the caterpillar and transitioning it into a beautiful butterfly that can soar and remind me of what you did for me when you sent your son to die on the cross for me.
Amen

Living Loved and Freely,

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment