Thursday, July 2, 2009

Who da judge?


We've all heard of the phrase or scripture of "the measure you judge others you shall be judged."  Well, I've been processing this off and on for sometime now and I believe that I've had some insight over the years on the subject.


My first thought was~okay, if I look at people and think, "oh, they are so overweight" then people are going to look at me and think, "oh, she is so overweight"


My second thought was~okay, if I look at people and think, "I can't believe that she/he lied to her kids", then God is going to look at me and say, "oh, I can't believe that she lied to ___."


I was reading in Matthew the other day and came across the scripture that deals with this which is Matthew 7:1-2.  Do not judge others and you will not be judge.  For you will be treated as you treat others.  The standard you use in judging is the standard by which you will be judged. (NLT)


Okay, who exactly is going to be judging us?  Others? God? or......


Ourselves!!


Yep, that's it.  The standard that I use in judging others is the standard by which I will judge myself.  So what EXACTLY does that mean???


It means that when I have a change of thought about any circumstance in my life it changes how I judge myself and others or (let's reverse the order) others and myself.  


For Example:  When I hear someone gossiping about somebody else I think, "that is so wrong, they should not be talking about that person", then the next time I am gossiping, I think, "oh, I should not be doing this."  I'm no better than so and so.  


Don't we all strive to be better than somebody?!


I don't know about you but I like to win and I promise you I am da judge.  I just hate that I'm the judge for you and me.  Mmmmm??


Now, if as YOU read this you thought I was talking about YOU in my example then to what measure are YOU judging yourself?  Gotcha!


Living Loved,

Elizabeth


No comments:

Post a Comment