Thursday, July 2, 2009

Challenged!

A friend of mine who cares for me deeply introduced an idea to me based on a book she has been reading recently.

The IDEA:  You, as a married woman, have been created to be your husbands help meet.  In doing so, your job and purpose in life is to be a helper to your husband.

My thoughts:  I've been mulling this over for about a week and this is what has happened.

I like lists so here we go:
1.  I can win at this!  I'm the only wife to Daniel Bennett so therefore, I'm going to win.  I am pretty competitive in life.
2.  I feel significant.  I strive for this in a lot of areas.  
3.  I have purpose.  
4.  I am living in God's plan for my life and fufilling his purpose for me, as my man's woman.
5.  I am really good at this!  I struggle with feelings of inadequacy, that I'm not real good at any one thing.

I decided this morning that I needed to really ask God what he thought about all this.

My Question:  "God, is this really what you designed me to be?  My husband's help meet?"

His Answer:  Genesis 2:18 Then the Lord God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone.  I will make a 
helper who is just right for him.  Vs 20 He gave names to all the livestock, all the birds of the sky, and all the wild animals.  But still there was no helper just right for him.  VS 22  Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib and he brought her to the man.  "At last!" the man exclaimed.

My Application:  I am Daniel Bennett's helper and I am made just right for him.  Today I will help Daniel Bennett in anyway that I can.  Dear God, please empower me to do just that.  Help me to be Daniel's helper.  Help me to see clearly that this is your plan for me as a woman and help me to honor you by helping my husband today.

You can see now why I titled this blog:  Challenged!

No comments:

Post a Comment