Sunday, July 26, 2009

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad

40 Years Ago

Two became one
forty years ago today

Their names
Robert William and Patricia May

She was a beautiful sight
he remembers so well

He was handsome indeed
She will always tell

Their first year was tough
learning to give and take

But all and all
they didn’t make a mistake

The first baby came soon
and oh what a joy

But let’s try again
look now it’s a boy

Their family of four
was perfect no less

Their love for each other
was always the best

They’ve had twists and turns
like most people do

But never gave up
and kept their love new

God put them together
till death to they part

When that day comes
it will break my heart

Looking back I see
their love has grown

And Christ is their center
I’ve always known

I’m so glad you married
so long ago

You’ve showed me how love
is supposed to go!

Happy 40th Anniversary
Love, Elizabeth, the one that’s been with you the longest!

No comments:

Post a Comment