Wednesday, June 23, 2010

...And we are witnesses of this fact!

In the book of Acts Peter and John heal a crippled man. The only reason they are able to do this is because Jesus gave them the power to do it. (Acts Ch 3)

What about my life is a witness of the fact that Jesus was raised from the dead?

I don't think I can tell you. I think that people that knew me before and know me now could tell you how my life is a witness for Christ and what he has done for me.

What I see is different about me is that I no longer smoke, I'm not quite as selfish as before, I'm getting to be other's focused, I'm more willing to admit that I'm wrong.

I just think that it is so amazing that Peter and John were able to heal a lame man because Jesus gave them the power to do it so that their actions could be a witness to the fact that Jesus was the Messiah and he died on the cross and was raised from the dead.

How are my actions witnessing the power of Jesus lives within me? Am I even tapping into that? I know I haven't healed a lame man recently or ever.

I guess reading that this morning made me ponder that question of how is my life a witness of that fact? Maybe you can ponder it too about your life and let me know your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment