Saturday, February 13, 2010

37th Chapter and Snow

So, yesterday morning when I sat down with my first cup of coffee I felt a still small voice tell me to read Psalm 37.

So, I opened up my bible and flipping backwards to get there I stopped by Psalms 91. Very awesome chapter in the Bible! I read a little bit and then continued flipping to Psalms 37 which reads;

My heart pounds as I think of this. It trembles within me. Listen carefully to the thunder of God's voice as it rolls from his mouth. It rolls across the heavens, and his lightening flashes in every direction. Then comes the roaring of the thunder--the tremendous voice of his majesty. He does not restrain it when he speaks. God's voice is glorious in the thunder. We can't even imagine the greatness of his power.

He directs the snow to fall on the earth and tells the rain to pour down. Then everyone stops working so they can watch his power.

Vs: 13: He makes these things happen either to punish people or to show his unfailing love.

Now, for those of you who are Bible scholars and you are saying, "That's not in Psalms." Just stick with me for a moment!

My husband is a lover of the weather. He loves to tell me what the weather is going to do in the mornings. This morning was an exciting morning for him. "Elizabeth, there's a good chance it's going to snow today!"

So, imagine my surprise as I read in my bible about how God directs the snow to fall on the earth.

Now, for those of you who live anywhere it snows ALL the time and are "just sick of it"-- for us in Florida-- we hardly ever get to see it. Matter of fact, I think the last time it snowed in this part of Florida would have been in 1989!

Well, I went on with my day. I teach school and it was an early release day so we, as teachers, got to leave at 2:00p.m. I called my husband, who was at work and was supposed to leave his job at 5:00p.m., and asked if he could leave a little early.

He did. He got home at 3:15.

At 3:30, Dianna, my 20 year old, called us from Marianna, not too far, and said it was snowing. So, we loaded up the family and headed that way.

Watch this video for the rest of the story.

Oh, one more thing, I said I was on my way to Psalms 37 right?? Well, I THOUGHT that I was! I actually never did read Psalms 37 that day. I read it the next day and realized I was reading Job 37 the day before. Psalms 37 is something entirely different but I guess God lead me to the right page afterall! So the above scripture comes out of Job 37. Very relevant! Happy Valentines Day from God!

Living Loved,

Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. Totally loved your post!! And loved the video on YouTube!! Brenda Byler

    ReplyDelete