Sunday, February 7, 2010

If I could touch you...


If I could touch you
what would you feel like?

Would you feel smooth and soft
like a petal on a rose
or rough and rigid
like a mountain stone?

Would it warm me so
to be in your arms
like my skin feels
after a day in the sun?

Would you feel like a tear
running down my face
or like the wind through my hair
as I'm running a race?

Would you feel cool and soft
like the sand outside
or warm and fuzzy
like the chair inside?

Would you feel like the coat
on the sheeps' back
or like my grandsons skin
after he's had a bath?

Would your touch feel
like grandpa's strong hand
from a long days work
from tilling the land?

Or like my grandmothers kiss
on top of my nose
that I wipe off
with the sleeve of my clothes?

Would you feel like the leather
that covers your word
that I touch and feel
when I feel inspired?

Or maybe your touch
is what I feel
as I turn the pages
of an inspiring tale?

Is it the feather pillow
that holds my head
as I rest at night
in my wonderful bed?

Is your touch my husband's breath,
as he holds me near?
Or the soft, silky feel
of my daughter's hair?

I wanted so deeply
to feel your touch
As I wrote this poem
I realized much!

That you touch me alot
throughout my day
In the way I need
in your own special way!


No comments:

Post a Comment