Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I AM

Is there anybody out there that would like to know that someone out there actually loves you unconditionally with no strings attached?

I'll answer: I do!

I was going through a tough time a couple weeks ago. I do this quite often in my thoughts. I think so hard about what others are thinking of me or what others want me to do or what others expect of me and sometimes, as a woman, I get very overwhelmed with the expectations placed on me. Now, I must admit that some.....okay, maybe MOST of the expectations placed on me are actually my own expectations of myself. But, that's not the point. The point is that I have alot of expectations put on me. Keep the house clean, keep Bree growing in the right direction, keep my marriage good, keep my lesson plans up, blah, blah, blah. Of course, the list is way more extensive than this but I don't want you to get overwhelmed too so I'll keep my list short.

Every once in a blue moon I really, really need to know that even if I was paralyzed from neck down and could not get out of bed and could not do or "perform" the tasks that I do in 24 hours that someone out there will still love me and still think I am great just the way that I am. Just as a human being that has a heart beat.

Well, check this out.

The other morning when I was feeling all gloomy and pitiful about having all these expectations placed on me, like I said, placed on me by myself, I started thinking about it. I kept saying over and over in my mind, "I wish somebody would just accept me and love me just the way that I am." "Love me just the way that I am." "Just the way that I am." "Way that I am." "I am" "I am" "I AM!!"

I read a book a few months back called "The Echo Within" by Robert Benson. It talked about how when God made us he breathed into us. (7 the LORD God formed the man e]" [e] from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.(Genesis 2:7NLT)) Well if it took his breath to make us he's still in us. Made sense to me. It also said that one of those little voices inside when we become believers of Christ is God speaking or breathing within us. That makes sense too.

So, I want someone to love me just the way that I am, right?

I remembered that somewhere in the Bible God refers to himself as "I AM." So, I went to the Bible to find it. I attached it here but before you read it I want to set the stage.

Stage setting: Moses was called by God to bring the Israelites out of Egypt. Why did the Israelites need to be brought out of Egypt? Because they were slaves there. Moses didn't feel like he was the man for the job. I just love God's response to him. Read the following excerpt from the Bible, Exodus 3:11-14 NLT

11 But Moses said to God, "Who am I, that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the Israelites out of Egypt?"
12 And God said, "I will be with you. And this will be the sign to you that it is I who have sent you: When you have brought the people out of Egypt, you a]" will worship God on this mountain."
13 Moses said to God, "Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is his name?' Then what shall I tell them?"
14 God said to Moses, "I am who I am ." This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.' "
I hope you are making the same connection that I made the other morning. I need someone to love me and accept me just the way that I am. God is I AM. I AM is living inside of me. He breathed life into me. So, OF COURSE GOD LOVES ME just the way I AM! Isn't that the best news ever? It is for me!
What is so cool about this wonderful news is that is not just for me! You say it. Say it loud! God loves me just the way I AM! and believe it!
Dear God, thank you for loving me just the way that I am. Thank you for showing me that Moses doubted his ability, like I doubt mine, and realized that he needed you to come into him and be the I AM. Thank you for your wisdom regarding this. Please be my I AM.
Living Loved,
Elizabeth


No comments:

Post a Comment